Saturday, February 28, 2004



My tryst with perfection

-- the journey continues and I forget along the way that expecting the same from others is unjustifiable.
Note for me - Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing.

I wanted my partner at work to learn all the tasks and open up and gain confidence. So I assigned him a task. I watched him agreeing to what he didn't believe in. I watched him accepting changes to avoid confrontation and delays. I watched him avoiding follow ups because of lack of understanding. I watched him succumbing to a situation. I wanted him to make his own mistakes and learn in the process. But was caught in a quagmire of responsibility and giving him time to learn. I offered help much earlier than I should have and regret having done the same. It wasn't right on my part to get frustrated for his acceptance. But I also realize it isn't right for me to step in now and point out what is wrong. I'm just going to ride the tide.