Wedding Anniversary - Three Years and still going strong

Tuesday, June 21, 2005



Today, June 21, is our third Wedding Anniversary. The day means a lot to us, for the journey we went through to get here 3 years back was quite rough! But if it were not for those testing 2 years, I don't know if we would be so strong today! So we cherish it more than anything else we ever will. A lot of things have happened these 3 years - we have stayed apart for more months than together! I know 3 years is not a very long time compared to our parents who have been together for 30 years but I know we will get there too happily :)

For someone like me who was so scared and against the idea of a marriage and the fear of unknown, this has been a great roller coaster ride! Vivek, the expressive one of the 2 of us, recently said about us :
Its like a slow cycle ride........ u just pedal on ... rather dont have to pedal..... the initial thrust is all there and it will keep it moving ... just once in a while u have to pedal vigorously :))

There are times when I have heard couples say, "If only I had married this person or I wish he was a little older than I or a little mature". There is always room for that "If only". But from where I stand today, I have no regrets and life just seems perfect. It is a great feeling to realise that there is someone who knows all about you, can read your thoughts and you don't have to finish sentences, anticipate your mood swings, knows how you react to situations, acknowledges your fear for cockroaches :) , shares your dreams and pushes you to the edge to realise them and most importantly someone you can share all your dinners with and all the dances to dance with (btw, we are not great dancers but manage a step or 2!)!
For people who have known V and I since college, this was one of the weirdest pairs to have gotten together. Staying together, we have developed common intrests in Formula 1, books and I'm promoting blogs to Vivek though he doesn't appreciate the idea of me reading "poop" stories on dooce.com. Just so you know, I don't!
We spent a quiet day at home today! Surprise factor was a rose boquet from the organisation I work for - a nice gesture that even after working for 6 years I never got at my earlier workplace.