The Art of Persuasion

Wednesday, June 22, 2005



Persuasive conversations. The third and hopefully last such conversation happened this Monday. I'm impressed by the effort made by the current organisation to retain employees considering I have stayed only for 2 months now. As much as I would like to work here, the decision is beyond me now. Every conversation was persuasive influencing me to stay, yet adopting a different style - the first one was very aggressive, the second to the point and a factual one, the third exploting the interpersonal communication skills effectively. However, there was one thing in common in all these conversations. They sent out the vibes of how much passion they have for the organisation they represent. At no point in time, did I ever get a feeling that there was an underlying selfish motto to be satisfied.

When I joined this place, I used to wonder why do they keep harping about their values and the spirt of commitment and integrity and blah blah...Now I know why they do..the more you hear such passionate people talking, the sooner you adopt the culture and the values. Its like mesmerising ..the only difference is here you choose to get mesmerised.

I'm not leaving because I'm unhappy and they know it and acknowledge it. I guess any dialogue based on honesty is always fair and opens a lot of avenues! Just about when I was begining to settle down and start loving the place in the true sense despite the shortcomings in technology, I have to leave. I hope to return someday here.