Wednesday, July 28, 2004



Summer of '04

For 24 years, Monsoon, Hot, Hotter and Hottest were the only seasons I had experienced. I moved here last August when summer was almost coming to an end. Despite that the first few days were a nightmare in my apartment with no a/c or fan. It was a furnace :(. Thanks to the leasing guy for not telling that there was no air conditioning. Before I got adjusted to the city, summer was over and the cold spell in the last week of September took me by surprise. It is funny as I look back at the pictures of that weekend that I was the only one clad in a long black winter coat in September when Fall was just setting in. Anyways, the best memories are that of Winter. I was so happy to see the first snow shower ..it was about 9:00 p.m. and I went down to make snow balls after seeing a few kids. Spring was quiet but I was also glad that winter was over as shopping for groceries has become a lil easier.

Late Spring and Summer of 2004 will be very memorable to me.


I bought this bike in April. I have owned 2 bikes earlier as a kid. But for reasons unknown this one was very special to me. I would take it every evening for a ride along the lake shore. I parted with it today and it made me really sad. Last evening I took a few pictures of the bike to remember these good days by! Life has come to a full circle. 30 more days to go!