Thursday, May 27, 2004



Information spreads like Plague on the web - Blogs' contribution

I was reading about the Memespread project on Wired. Meme is a unit of information that passes from one person to another person as defined in the Memespread project Analysis. The objective of this project was to determine the route a piece of information takes to be transmitted and the duration it takes for it to get popular. It is indeed a interesting thing to have used blogs to test this phenomenon. Regular bloggers will observe that any popular piece of phenomenon - be it a cool software or a game or a mpeg doesn't take more than 30 days to gain popularity! The ones that strike me instantly are the Penguin game (yeti and penguin), the big line in front of the new Apple store at Tokyo.
Some of the most popular blogs are listed here.

In other news, I'm really exhausted with the all-day meetings. It is taxing to listen to someone for 8 hours. It is a meeting after meeting and finally when it comes to doing real work, I'm burnt out! Right now I'm really looking forward to the long weekend.

Appearances can be deceptive. I looked at someone today and wondered why would someone so authoritative present himself not-so-elegantly. All it took was just a 10 min conversation with him to change my perception and more importantly be very impressed! What would have taken me atleast an hour or more to figure out took him a mere 5 mins and he presented it so beautifully and made it so simple.