Wednesday, May 05, 2004



I haven't had time to update my blog in a week. It has been really busy at work and at home. Dinner at T's place last Wednesday was good - his kids are great and every time I go to someone's place who has lil kids it makes me wonder how tough it is to keep the house in order and really scares me. Dad came last Thursday which is very good and kinda strange since I can't recollect ever having him around while I grew up. I saw him for a mere 8 hours last summer in over 2 years.

The best part of these last few days was the weekend at Portland. It is such a beautiful place. I was so sad to leave on Sunday. There was such a drastic change in weather from mid-west to west. It snowed in Denver, Colorado and it was over 80 deg in Portland. The Rockies were snow-clad on Friday and on my return, the snow was all gone and the temperatures had soared back to the 70s in Colorado. Colorado is so flat and dry. There are these huge circular patches of fields all over. The landscape from Colorado to Oregon is amazing. It starts with flat( in the true sense) and dry, followed by the Rockies soaring high just a few hundred miles out of Denver and then there's Mt. Hood in Oregon and then the greenery of Portland. Portland was breathtaking from the air. It is so green that makes one want to stay there all the time. The weekend was so peaceful - THE place for one to stay after retirement!

In other news, it is a month of travel - this weekend I'm off to NY, D.C.
Countdown update - roughly 4 more months to go!