Tuesday, May 18, 2004



Am I overworked?

I guess I'm overworked - at work and at home! I feel tired all the time and can't concentrate on anything lately. The traveling has also got on to me. This weekend would be such a great relief.

This last weekend at Niagara Falls was good. V commented that it is like Haridwar ( a pilgrimage center for Hindus in Northern India) for Indians in U.S. We started counting the Indian/Other Nationality Ratio sitting on a porch by the American Falls facing the Goat Island. For every 1 other Nationality person, there were 7 Indians. The only reason I could think of was the promotion of the Falls in the earlier Indian Films. Most of the Hindi/Regional films made in the 60's/70's (when shooting outside India captivated audiences), featured the Niagara Falls. Probably the next generation would frequent it as much as this generation does. This was my first visit and V's second. We took Dad there. He was satisfied to have seen it. Like every Indian, his image of America was the same too. If you've seen the Statue of Liberty,N.Y.C., Niagara Falls, White House, Lincoln Memorial, Disneyland - L.A, Mount Rushmore (it actually goes by "the mountain with the faces of the presidents"), you've seen it all.