Monday, April 26, 2004



Mundane conversations for courtesy ---------
A typical Monday morning starts with

"How was your weekend?"
"It was good." On second thoughts, "It was veryyyyyyyyyyyy relaxing. <30 second silence> How was yours?".
"Good".

This is what one hears in the hallway of a office, in an elevator, at the coffee shop!
So here I go..my weekend was uneventful but for a 3 hour online-session on Project Initiation (part of the Project Management course that I'm taking), a dinner at a friend's place, cleaning up the house. No bike rides this weekend as the weather didn't cooperate. Talking of bike rides, I was stopped by a gentleman who looked like a doorman at the big condo building around the corner. He signaled me look at a sign on the opposite side of the road ..."No cycling on sidewalks". He said I would get a ticket if I wasn't careful. From "no rules" to rules sucks. Since it was late when I left from work today, the sidewalks were relatively free of pedestrians.

Some tidbit on password sharing practices --
What would it take for to you give up your password to your computer? A survey in Liverpool, England says 37 percent of you will give up your computer password if somebody asks you nicely. 34 percent hold out until somebody offers up a candy bar. Other passwords statistics, 40 percent of you know your coworker's pass words. And 55 percent of you would tell your boss your password if he asked for it.

2 more days to go before dad comes!