Thursday, April 22, 2004



G-mail

The user interface for managing posts on BLOGGER has changed. It is neat. Blogger also has a promotion on its website for active bloggers (atleast thats what it said) for subscribing to G-mail. Blogger is owned by Google. It is amazing that one has 1000 MB of free storage. Wonder how this will impact Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail. If G-mail has IMAP, then it would be neat to read the messages on Outlook/mail client. One more thing I like is that since this is just in the beta version, the probability of getting a mail-id of one's choice is high, like the one I got today. With Yahoo!, you almost never get it before 5/6 tries and it isn't quite what you would have wanted.

The Road Ahead
Uncertainty has been a certain part of our lives for the past 2 years. Location,duration is almost never known until the last minute. And that didn't give too many choices, so we have been going with the ride.
I'm not quite sure what lies ahead. The thought of giving up all of this is making me really sad. I will miss this, the past 9 months has been the best part of the past 5 years, despite all the crazy stuff that demands a lot. I keep telling myself that I don't care and want to go back, hoping it will make quitting easier but it isn't working :(

Anyways, so this week has been really busy because of Vinay's visit. Next week, dad should be here by now. It is going to be great for a month.