Monday, April 21, 2003



What's so special today?

Vivek's birthday - its a nice way to start the week. All bad things come to an end...and so did they for us. Now its turn for the good to happen and only good! I'm so happy that i finally made it here for this big day of the year. Had shopped for gifts for him a month back anticipating i would have to leave as soon as the visa came in. Hopes soared and crashed as days passed by ..I can still hear those words "Your application is still with the consulate ..its being processed". I tracked the status promptly at 10:00 and 16:00 hours everyday. I had lost hopes as always. But as always his faith carried us through and am here. Ironically he made it for my birthday despite all the odds. This being our first birthdays together..its a moment to cherish for!


Patriots' Day - I have always been amazed at peoples' ability to give everyday of the year a name - Father's day, Mother's Day, Business Administrative assistants Day! I remember one of my friends calling these days as fabricated days to boost businesses. How true! I wonder if some really to-be honoured and celebrated days would lose their value because of co-memorating trivial occassions!

However i can see the significance of Patriots day here in Boston. Today is the Boston Marathon - 20233 men and women, one goal - Hopkinton ---Boston (26.2 miles). The enthusiasm to come from all over and run this great distance is worth mentioning! The passion to do something like this requires a lot of energy from within.


The weekend was great. The BOSE showroom at Jordans's was stunning - can't describe it. All i know is that those speakers are a must-have! Had my first experience of the cold wave that night - numb fingers, dried lips and red feet in a 10 min exposure. Lesson - never venture out in sandals on a cold night :) Learnt it the hard way.

Today's Timepass: UML