Friday, April 08, 2005



Tata bye-bye (no double meaning :) )

Today was my last day at work. It was difficult to bid good bye to the place where I started this journey from almost 6 years ago. There are times when I think I have probably acted on impulse but I know it’s the emotional attachment with this place that makes me think so. As I was leaving today, everything seemed perfect – place, culture, people, surroundings and a sense of belonging - it seemed like the perfect place to be and to grow, every wrong seemed right, it felt like home. But I kept telling myself I had made this decision after a lot of thought and its best not to get overwhelmed and to just go with it….
A few touching moments of the day that I would like to remember….

One of my favorite manager's whom I would go by the name of CM)’s gesture of springing a surprise by coming in today from a different location. His e-mail in response to my adieu mail read ---

I never say bye as I always keep in touch. All the best in whatever you do….Expect you back soon…
We will do …… Design together…


Difficult part of the day – Ending the day saying bye to the person who recruited me 7 years ago. I have always admired him. His sense of humor and passion to talk might be boring to some but I have always respected this person….

reminds me of a song from beatles (i am a great fan of the group), which goes on like "why you say good bye, say hello".


With VD the association will continue forever so I don’t think it has even sunk in that I won’t work for him from Monday.

I have never believed in leaving an organization either in bad taste or bitching about it after stepping out. I’m what I’m today because of the 6 years spent there that gave me an opportunity to meet some wonderful people… I don’t know if I would ever be able to leave behind this baggage and start afresh but I’ll make an attempt to.