Mozilla Firefox rules, Internet Explorer sucks

Monday, April 25, 2005



I've been using FireFox (FF) for a lil less than 2 years now. And I just love it.
Wired ran a story last year on how this new browser was gaining quick popularity over the browser leader - Internet Explorer. Thanks to FF's good features such as pop-up blocker and its speed. Since then, I have been promoting FF to family and coworkers. I must admit there is an initial resistance to adopt this flashy orange browser. It is a matter of habit (after all bad habits die hard!) just as any other tool. But once they start using FF, they all love it (in some cases people have even sheepishly admitted and thanked for introducing this browser) and see the obvious advantages over the annoying IE. What triggered this post was the fact that Firefox is not allowed at my new workplace.It is one of those difficult things to get rid of. I hate going back to IE. Damn! It feels like going back to Stone Age.