Monday, August 09, 2004



In Retrospection

Starbucks' Tall Mocha Frappuccino did it again - my solution to exhaustion.

A friend e-mailed me today and asked "Are you all set to go? Do you feel excited or sad to go back? Did you like it better here or .." The timing couldn't have been better. I complete 1 year tomorrow since I came here. In retrospection, I would like to list a few things that I liked so that when I look back, there is this entry to remember this 1 year by.

The things that I would miss:


  1. Living Downtown and N. Michigan Ave

  2. The Public Library

  3. 4 seasons (that are very pronounced) - Summer, Fall, Winter (my favorite) and Spring (my next favorite)

  4. Summer - Biking along the lake shore, watching jugglers by the beach, Farmer's Market

  5. Winter - Ice Skating (No. It is actually Ice Walking for me - never mastered the art of skating)

  6. Friends - all of them who made this stay worthwhile!

  7. Travel - Blue Line

  8. Food - Brownie

  9. The Silver Painted guy by Water Tower place - just kidding :)

  10. Less crowded streets and a clean neighborhood

  11. Public courtesy

  12. Watching Friends every evening - Now that I have most seasons on DVD, it shouldn't be that bad. Still I wouldn't be surprised if laziness overpowers me in playing a DVD than just flipping the remote to switch on the TV.

  13. The Adrenaline Rush at Work. After these highly demanding days, it would feel like vacuum - transitioning into nothingness, no challenges to look forward to everyday!



The things that I wouldn't miss:

  1. occasional loneliness and being so far away from home

  2. Adventurous trips to Devon

  3. Thursdays and Crashes

  4. Getting sick and going to a hospital - not that I love it in India but atleast there one doesn't have to wait for weeks to get an appointment and go thr the hassles of insurance.