Tuesday, November 25, 2003



The towering inferno inside me

The flames of anger stepping from helplessness died today. For over 4 days now, anyone that has tried to make a fool of me has been in the line of fire. A harmless friendly talk was met with stoned expressions and monosyllable answers. I'm glad its all over now and that I'm back to my sane-self. Its so difficult to get me to talk once I draw into one of those self-made shells and build a wall around myself, not allowing anyone to approach me. Well one person has always been successful( and will always be though i hat to admit that - stupid ego) and talks me out of it in 10 mins :)

The weekend was awful, despite the intermittent fun and frolic. I went to see the luminiscent Magnificent Mile Saturday evening. It was fun being a part of the 90000 crowd. I have never been to such a big event. Watching all the Walt Disney and characteristic Chicago floats pass by Michigan avenue was so good. For a minute it looked like Michigan Ave. was missing something - the bustling traffic that is a highlight of this busy road. It was closed to traffic that evening. The trees lining up the road decorated with small red, green, yellow lights were all switched on at the same moment. It looked so beautiful. The barks of the trees darned with lights surrounding the historic water tower stand distinctively separate from the rest. They look so beautiful. The weather was so cooperative too - it was a beautiful day.

Sunday, went for lunch with S and heard her pour her stories abt her job and date. It was a monologue - guess because i wasn't in a good mood that day. She is lonely too and needed someon to talk to - nice company. Not to forget the lousy food - well food can never be lousy - respect any food that you eat for there are hundreds who got to bed without a meal (can heard those words of someone reverberating in my ears-taken )...the food was good! :)

Looking fwd to the holidays eagerly!