Tuesday, January 13, 2004



Diplomacy and Fanaticism

Chk out this quote - "A fanatic is a person who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." I clarify that I don't have anything/anybody in mind as I post this.
People management is a much tougher job than I had fathomed. Well, I had a rough day at office yesterday and was on the verge of calling it quits. It took a walk, a glass of cold water and sane advice from H to land back. H said, " If you quit, they win". Its true but I guess its not war in the end. It was good talking to T and I really really admire him for being wise and a good diplomat and a good manager. With age, men become wise and studying management makes them wiser faster and better (what they technically call as "diplomacy"). So, I want to be like him some day!
There was a direct attack today- I sailed smoothly nonetheless. Someone truly said "Diplomacy is the art of letting
the other party have things your way" and that "A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip."

Currently Reading : Skipping Christmas by John Grisham