Food fetish

Thursday, June 21, 2007




We don't get Litchis in South India. And my FIL was surprised to hear that I've never tasted this amazing fruit. There was no stopping me after that -- had over 500 g everyday for 2 weeks at stretch.



After saying a strict NO to chocolates for a very long time, I have been finishing pack after pack. Thanks to Vivek's SA exploits - Duc d'o and Guylian. He loves shopping for chocolates. Now someone has to eat them too, right? The Original Turkish Delight was a true delicacy, white and spongy on the outside with a different pulpy taste on the inside. When I'm done with all, I come back to my favorite Lindt Swiss Thins. Now is that craving? I'd rather not think about how out of shape I am right now and not helping with shedding any of the post pregnancy weight. Three more packs to go.

A brief story of Turkish Delight, "Lokum" as written on the back of the box:

The production of Turkish Delight began in the 17th century within the borders of the Ottoman Empire, being a delicacy only available to the royalty at the begining. Its popularity soared in a very short time, so the Palace permitted its commercial production.
An English sailor brought Turkish Delight to Europe for the first time in the 18th century. It was accepted by the Europeans and became famous worldwide in a short time.

A "delight" that the entire world loves, representing Turkey in the best way, is now produced in South Africa.