Digging Deeper into Squidoo

Thursday, October 20, 2005



I gave the Squidoo concept ( it is still a concept to me as I haven't seen the application) some more thought. This is a sequel to yesterday's post - Squidoo. A lens or a mirage. And just to clear the air, I respect Seth Godin a lot. I want to support Squidoo but there are still some unanswered questions bothering me..

1. I still don't get one thing. why wouldn't people use Wikipedia for expert opinion on a subject. Wikipedia offers an unbiased view on a topic.

2. LensRank - This concept completely loses me. Isn't this analogical to PageRank? So how would it ensure that the "best lens" on a topic isn't necessarily by a person who has the most connections? And this person might not even be close to an expert.
The networked people ...
And if it is not expert opinion, then why Squidoo, why not Google?

3. What I would also like to know is if there is a master list of categories such as Advertising, Books, Photography under which you can create a lens. You can damn well guess what would happen if there isn't one?

Categories: , , ,