Tuesday, September 02, 2003



Loooooooong weekend is OVER!
Am the only one here who would be glad that the long weekend is over.
Saturday wasn't bad after all. It just that the rain spoilt Sunday and Monday's outings :(

The weeknd started on a good note with a wake up call from V @ 7:00 a.m. However i didn't come out of bed until 9:00 p.m. Just pulled the blinds up and let the sunrays fill my room with freshness. The sight of the distant sea and th sunrise is a feast to teh eyes evry morning. Woner ho its going to be in winter.
Lazed in the bed till 9:00 a.m. with a novel - Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I strongly recommend this one. I'm surprised that book could draw my attention so much as this one did. One more recommended rea from the same author is Da Vinci Code. A colleague had passed this book of 575 odd pages on Monday and i was thr with it by Saturday - definitely faster by my standards.

Thanks to V - i went to see The Sears Tower all by myself. I must admit it was a breathtaking view from up there. However i'm told that the view from John Hancock is a lot better because of its proximity to the lake. When i exited from the Sears tower the queue ran to almost quarter a mile on Jackson Blvd.

Grabbed Fries and fudge for lunch and walked to Harold Washington Library Center. Got myself enrolled and got a couple of books issued. Its a huge library. Have promised myself to dedicate a Saturday in the next few weeks for just the library.

Did some shopping on State Street - marked by a few bizarre experiences that i dare not mention!