Tuesday, May 06, 2003




May 6, 2003 - Dad turns 53 today.
Since the time i can recollect, this day has been of very high significance in my life. Partly because i have not lived 75% of my life with him. Childhood memories come back to me - We would be at granny's place every year for summer vacation (April-May) during dad's birthday. And dad at his work place. So i used to make hand-made greeting cards and post it across.

If i were to describe my dad in one line, i would say - "a smart engineer, a dedicated son, a loving husband and an affectionate father" - though not in the same order :). Well now that sounds like the definition for a perfect man. You are right. Thats what he is to me.

26 years of marriage, 11 years in an alien land, 1 year hiatus from everything, 5 years of separation from family and 53 years of dedication to his family - parents, wife and kids. He is a role model for me. I look upto him for everything and subconsciously look for the father-like image in Vivek. Thanks dad for everything - we are what because of yours and mom's sacrifices and dreams of seeing us make it good in life.

Gossips - who doesn't like it ?
Source : "Cubicle culture" section in "The Wall Street Journal"
Subject : A gossip eavesdropper
Quote: Yet like it or not, our ears seem to snatch certain tones and emotions from the air like an omnidirectional antenna: If the person speaks quietly, you'll tune in.

How does it feel when a 25 year old gets treated like a 10 month old? I feel good when he says drink water, look before you cross the road, don't hurt others, tuck in and sleep. I do make faces to pretend am angry for being scolded but i feel good internally for being pampered so much all the day.

Today's timepass: This section appears after a gap of 5 days in my blog. I had a great time in the morning in the downtown area of Framingham. Visit to the Danforth museum's spring sale and Framingham public library was good.