Time to quit

Tuesday, August 01, 2006



So I officially communicate tomorrow. Two more months to go after that. It was simple to decide this time and almost like a dream come true or that’s what I think now. No debates surrounding “to quit or not to quit”, no interviews/negotiations and no what/where/when next. While this pregnancy made the reasoning for leaving easier, the truth is I had decided way back in April that this is not my calling and the only thing motivating about going to work is the pay at the end of the month.

It’s a temporary pause to the corporate life and whether this marks an end to the 7 year long career or not is too early to say.

Things that I’m apprehensive of:


  1. My paycheck every month

  2. Being recognized socially just as X’s wife

  3. Loss of independence in the head.

  4. Just a listener to all work related talks hereafter (how silly)



Things that I’m not going to miss (here at Pune):

  1. The cramped office space

  2. Getting up at 6:30 every morning to take the 8:30 a.m. bus



Things that I’m looking forward to:

Over the past few months that I’ve been contemplating of giving up my fulltime career, I’ve been compiling a list of things on tadalist that I would like to do before the kid arrives.

  1. Complete my writing assignments

  2. Tanjore Painting : Aladi Krishnar

  3. Glass Painting

  4. Take Keyboard lessons



My love for technology hasn’t come down a bit. It just gives me the freedom to pursue projects that I like and deliver it that suits my schedule and work out fo home out of a comfy chair. So if you know of any freelance projects, please do let me know.