Just do it

Thursday, October 07, 2004



The cover story in Business Week titled The New Nike drew my attention. I'm trying to come to terms to V's passion for shoes (with no success). It was a shocking to see the no of pairs of shoes he had collected and that they took a preference over everything else. I couldn't fathom how his bags were full until they were unpacked here. Well, that's history now.

For over 8 months, I heard of Nike tales. I have never worked for any big corporate houses. So his tell-tales were always met with 100% attention from me. I would hear in amazement how work was done/re-done, people who violated certain sensitive policies were fired within 5 mins. However, it was not until April when I visited Nike that I realized what it would mean to work for such corporate houses and be a part of the BIG game. Knowing before the rest of the world knows, what shoe line wuld deck the Nike Towns in the fall of 2004 or spring of 2005 should be fun. You also get a close glimpse or in some instances a pleasant exchange with some legends in the making like Mia Hamm, Roger Federer......