Monday, October 11, 2004



Eventless Weekend

The last 2 weekends were as eventless as it could be. I hung out with my brother this weekend. He came down from Chennai and made a great attempt to get me out of this boredom. It has been house arrest in the weekends, thanks to Project Home. While the all the rooms are laden with wood, saw, hammers and saw dust, I sit in the balcony till dusk gazing at the passers by in the playarea of our building, waiting for the hour hand in the clock tick by. Occassionally I get up to make a cup of tea or lunch. After sunset, I retreat inside as the balcony becomes mosquitoes' territory.
Saturday morning before the carpenters' began their work, I stepped out for a while and on my return I find this strange man standing at my door. It didn't take long to find out he lived in a apartment one floor down. My "hello" was reciprocated with barking - typical of many Indians who have forgotten how to communicate courteously. This annoyed man had made up his mind to come and shout at me as his car was basked in saw dust. It turned out his parking lot was next to ours and we are using ours to cut wood. Uhhhh...it was interesting to see how he didn't come looking for a solution or open to even listen to one. All my offers of arranging to get his car cleaned went in vain.

I've started reading "The wind-up bird chronicle". I just love it....watch this space for a few sections from the book that I liked. Umm..how were your weekends?