Tuesday, September 28, 2004



Whats up?

Umm..Vivek and I traveled south to visit my grandparents at Madurai. They are octogenerians and I should probably visit them more often. We stayed for a few hours and granny stuffed us with so much food for lunch that we skipped dinner. Before leaving for Trichy to meet my brother, we visited the Meenakshi Temple at Madurai. Built in 1559 A.D and famous for its architecture, we looked at this huge temple with awe. It would take days to look at all the thousands of stone carved scriptures and the intricate paintings on the wall of the gods and goddesses. I have been there numerous times but was able to appreciate it much more this time. Made me wonder why India does not capitalize on such marvelous pieces of architecture by promoting tourism.

This is as adventurous as it gets - the journey from Madurai to Trichy in a local bus. The dark clouds over Madurai gave into a heavy downpour as the bus left Madurai. We were about 10 miles out of the city when the water started trickling into the bus over the people seated 2 rows ahead. I was relieved to find that my seat was not leaking. My fears came true within 10 mins and I found myself in a pool of water and edging towards V..the roof over my head wasn't leaking but the window was. It was quite a journey!

Work sucks today. Why are all projects so similar and non-stimulating? "Project Home" has left us with little time for the things we love to do.