Monday, June 28, 2004



A Summer Wedding

Last Saturday evening, I attended my first American Wedding. The outdoor wedding was at the Garfield Park Conservatory. The conservatory is a magnificent place too decked out with stunning gardens. It is open after-hours only for special occassions. It was a beautiful small wedding with about 30 guests and had an air of intimacy. As I entered the conservatory at 6:00 p.m., my eyes fell on this beautiful lady clad in a gorgeous white bridal gown. She in no way resembled the woman I saw everyday.
The ceremony began at 6:30 p.m. when the bride and groom walked hand in hand and looked perfect for each other. The 15 min ceremony was conducted by a judge. It was nice to watch the bride and groom exchange vows and say "I will". This was followed by a photo session, drinks and dinner. The best toast was from the bride's sister who narrated a funny story about the bride's sleep-walking habit. In all, the wedding was very well planned, organized and executed. I felt as though I was seeing "A Wedding Story" in action. This was my favorite program last spring and these lines still play in my mind....


and when the spark of youth someday surrenders
I'll have your hand to see me through
tears may come and go
but there's one thing I know
love is all there is when I'm with you