Tea

Monday, January 10, 2005



Tea - One of my weaknesses (and as a consequence a bad habit too) is craving for good food and having large portions of it. I start my day with a cup of strong tea made with lil cream and a lot of sugar. My taste buds are averse to tea that doesn’t smell good. I must admit that the regular leaf tea available in India doesn’t taste great, so what we usually do is mix about 50 grams of 5 popular brands. It has been a while since I did this. When I woke up to the usual Monday morning blues today morning and walked to the kitchen to make a cup of tea, my eyes fell on this tiny wooden box sitting on the top of a corner counter. I don’t know how my eyes missed it all these months. As I slid the lid of the wooden box, I could smell the aroma of strawberry.
We had bought this box of Strawberry tea from Sri Lanka. I added a teaspoon of Mlesna flavored tea to boiling water, brewed it for 2-3 mins, added a dash of sugar to it and drank in peace – there’s something about it. Hmm..what can a better start to a Monday.

On a totally unrelated note, chk out this site www.wordcount.org
This was picked by Yahoo! as one of the favorite sites of 2004. Out of curiosity I searched for a few words to determine how they fared and here are the results :

Bush -2629
Diana -3876
India -2143
Bangalore - 47226
America -992
Ferrari -12531
Java-18892