Schumi era coming to an end…

Monday, September 11, 2006



Little did I know that Schumacher was going to announce his retirement at the end of yesterday's race. If I had known, I wouldn't have chosen to arranging clothes in my wardrobe over watching the first 20 laps. What a waste! As though not to jinx this race, V did not jump in excitement when Michael came ahead of Kimi after the first and second overlaps. But can one contain emotions when the Spaniard Alonso was out because of an engine failure? Ferrari-Schumi had clinched it and the remaining laps were a mere formality. Just about everything went well for the team at Monza except Massa's emergency pitstop. The remaining 3 races will provide all the drama one can ask for and much more than that!

What makes me immensely sad is that we missed our last chance of watching Schumi live this year and that it would never happen again! The adrenalin rush to watch F1 live is no more there. Statistically, the best driver so far F1 has had and will probably ever have, it will be sad to see the legendary Schumacher with 90 wins and 7 championship titles behind him, bid goodbye at Brazil. The only comforting factor is that it is Kimi who replaces him next year at Ferrari.

I know what I'm going to do the weekends when the next 3 races happen at China, Japan and Brazil..