Its all about the paperwork

Tuesday, September 26, 2006



Leaving formalities are as bureaucratic as joining an organization. I was handed over a sheet of paper with a list of all the departments under the sun from Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Networking Support, Project Manager, Resource Management, Office Supplies, visa and Immigration from whom I need to get signatures (which would perhaps indicate my leaving will cause no harm to the organization when I'm gone). Thank Heavens I don't have to get the sheet autographed from the janitor lady or the coffee boy.

And the amount of tantrums each person throws before signing the sheet, "you need to get this signed from librarian before you come to me". Finance points to admin who in turn points to the gentleman that manages transportation and it all ends up in a crystal maze while I shuttle between buildings. Lil General was very cooperative as I pushed myself to the limit and ended up with 3 signatures on the dotted line. 10 more to get in the next 2 days. I'm breaking my rule of keeping the orgnization I work for a secret always. Cognizant is not the place you want to apply for a job. When I'm done with everything, I'll tell you why.

Categories: , , ,