View from the glass cube ........

Friday, September 16, 2005



For the first time in 2 weeks, I ventured in to the Pune city last afternoon. Thanks to a personal interview scheduled for late afternoon. This has been my first break and a lil closer to being hired. More than the interview itself, the experience of getting to the venue was memorable. Hopping 3 autos as the rickshaw drivers took advantage of the situation and distance and quoted a totally unreasonable price which I agreed to pay, I reached the venue in 1 piece on time. Pune very much qualifies to be called the "City of Potholes". To my surprise the only people I found at the venue were a bunch of carpenters and masons carrying bricks and cement. Confused if I had applied for a tech job or a Civil one, I found my way through a maze of staircases and hallways. It took one final phone call to reach the destination.

As expected I waited a good 40 mins before the interviewer made an appearance. Anticipating this would happen, I went prepared with my copy of "Animal Farm" and was entertaining myself with the chapters where Mollie disappears, the revolution (Battle of the cowshed) and Jones getting ousted. What a timing ..just about then the "panel" made an appearance. For some reason, through out the day, the word "panel" sent shivers through me. The thought of 2-3 panel shooting questions is intimidating. But I survived.

I was in a naughty mood giving no thought to the outcome of the interview. Midway, my eyes feel on a board outside the glass door that had bulleted points on various steps to be followed for delivery during a Software Project Lifecycle. Glimpses of the movie "The Usual Suspects" came before me with BW weaving the story. I was so tempted to do the same...Overall I had fun the 2 hours I waited in the glass cube observing the world outside!