Saturday, December 11, 2004



All my coworkers are out on a picnic today. Can't believe it is so hot in Bangalore on a December afternoon. Another coworker and I are at work struggling to get even with Java Server Faces. Damn JSR 168 Portlets, Inter portlet Communication and JSF! Precisely the reason why I hate the first version of any new technology. Whoever makes the draft claim to have not addressed certain key factors deliberately (or otherwise ?) in the initial version. It is left to those unlucky few in the initial months of release to live with the bugs and figure out the drawbacks. "Google Programming" is not helping either. Well, everything has a way of working out, so I'm not worried.

I was all set to leave home this morning, when I realized I couldn't open my front door. I checked if I had opened the latches again to ensure I wasn't sleeping. Didn't take long to realize that someone had locked me in. It took a good 15 mins to get my neighbor to unlock the door. As it turned out, there were a few kids playing outside who remembered later that they had locked me in. Funny!

Broadband has arrived finally. One vendor has agreed to provide Internet connection. So I should be connected from next week which means more frequent blogging.