Friday, August 20, 2004



The wonderful Journey continues....

It is unusual for someone to continue in a project for more than 7-9 months in the IT industry. For me and a couple of others in my project, it was a 3.5+ years long association with this client. This long stint strengthened the bond making the distinction between our employer and the client seem insignificant. I'm moving out of the project in a few weeks and it was a tough decision - professionally and personally. This project has seen a lot of weddings (coinciding exactly with BIG launches) and cute kids being born. This past 1 year I've been at Chicago and I leave in another 10 days. People from work threw a going away party yesterday. I've been tight-lipped about this party but now that it is over, I can talk about it. Someone said yesterday, "This is As good as it gets" on the eve of my farewell and that is true..it was a fabulous farewell aboard the Mystic cruise. This weekend chicago is also hosting the 46th Annual Air and Water Show. We saw the blue Angels roaring past a few meters above our heads.
T got me a Strawberry Margarita - I can't believe that I actually drunk (well not in the true sense). It didn't taste all that weird but it did induce a good 10 hour sleep and I skipped dinner :) Thanks everyone for a great year! I'm going to miss all the nightouts, yelling across the cubicle, H's swearing (ofcourse not :)), AIM conversations, lunches/dinners and everything about this place and y'all. I seem to be at a loss of words and it is overwhelming to think how much I'm going to miss everything.