Wednesday, October 29, 2003



Freak week
Solitary Saturday - Anticipating a hectic Sunday i decided to stay indoors Saturday. Felt so good lazing around most of the day. Didn't read any books, watched TV most of the day munching junkies. Went to the library and got a whole lot of books. One book worth mentioning is "Rolling with the Stones". This book is so huge and a funny thing happened - the guy at the counter looks at it during the regular security check and sighs.."hmm...impressive..so how long do you think will you complete it within". Well he didn't know i was issuing it for V. I got loads of mushy ones for myself. They are good enough to cheer me up on a low day like today!

Then in the evening took a stroll to capture a few images on the digital camera of the beauty of fall. Don't get to see much, living in downtown but its amazing how the leaves change their colors and the trees shed their leaves. No wonder why fall is considered so beautiful. I would love to drive by the countryside ..its a shame that i don't know how to drive yet!

Good Will Hunting - starring Matt Damon. I will rate it at 5. A classic movie! I don't know how many of us can relate to Will's character. Unlike Will, i grew up in many places and still was in such a enclosed overprotected life that it was so difficult to trust anybody or open up later. Its a amazing movie and a must-see.

Horrid Sunday - It was a nightmare the minute i set out that cold morning. I didn't expect the western suburbs to be so cold. Neither did a expect a kaalu to scare the hell out of me. I went on this adevnture trip to buy a coat for V and a comforter for myself. I don't know if it was a stroke of bad luck or bad coincidence but i missed almost every bus that day by a few seconds. I would see the bus passing by when i would just be about 5-10 steps from the bus stop. The worst part was to wait for 30 mins for another bus to come by! Having gone thr this ordeal, couldn't even accomplish the mission - didn't get the right size coat for him. A few antics i did:

1. Jumped across high voltage railway tracks
2. No jackets, no shoes on that cold morning
3. Didn't carry a bus schedule to where i was headed.

Finally when i thought it was all over and had this air of confidence over me - oh this is downtown i know it too well that i can walk blindfolded. "Never be too sure about anything" is what i learnt. There is this kallu guy who opened the emergency doors of the compartment next to mine just because he wanted to come and sit right across me. He sensed where i was going to get down and stood just behind me, singing all the way. Thanks to the announcement system in the train, the station was announced incorrectly. Being too nervous with a lot of luggage in hand i didn't notice the station i got down at. All these stations look so much similar. Nervous not finding anyone at the station, i started rushing towards the escalators with this guy right behind me. The moment i got out of the escalator i knew i was at the worng place. Acting on instinct i was looking for an immediate way out and surprisingly found the stairs leading to the street level. It was in a way a blessing in disguise. Had i got down at my designated station it was a long lonely 3-escalator way before i could have made it to the street level.
I always the grid map in my head, but it just didn't make any sense that day. Beleive it ornot, i circled the block 4 times going round and round until i asked someone for help and made it home!

Monday was quiet. Tuesday was terrific.

Autumn in New York this movie is so cool because of Richard Gere and Winona Ryder. But it lacks morality which is highly disgusting. How could one get to have a relationship with a woman as young as one's daughter..what is disturbing is the lady is the daughter of his one time girl friend! It lacks basic morals of human relationships.
However, the movie is fun to watch and has a very sad touching ending to it.

Wednesday is disappointing. I'm happy having found one good friend in life. I have always wondered why does everyone have some many friends and i, so few! But i guess its so nice to have a few on whom you can count on rather than have 100s of them on whom you can't reply upon. Today is disappointing because i didn't get something. V tells me so many times..no comparisons in life. Comparisons bring with them misery. I wanted the same that someone else has...since i didn't have it made me sad. Its like this quote from Animal Farm that i have always liked --

"Four legs good, two legs bad!"
"All animals are equal -- but some animals are more equal than others!"


Oh well.i don't want to be a pig..so am happy and that makes my day :)