Tuesday, June 17, 2003




Age & Beauty
This post is very much unlike me. I'm not a beauty or fitness freak by nature - not someone who spends hundreds on cosmetics, spa visits or fashion accessories. But knowledge about everything is not a dangerous thing. My encounter with women has been increasing. With younger women, silly nothings like dresses, cosmetics take up 90% of the conversation. So knowing about all this is coming handy after all.
In business too, there is no second chance to make a first impression. More often than not, its physical appearance that draws attention. Not my way of climbing the ladder but figuring out that at times you got to be impressively dressed ( i said impressively not obscenely !) for your intellectual side to get noticed.
Oh anyways i gave the title "age and beauty" to this post, because i feel beauty increases with age. What's your opinion? I have seen this with my mom, my older aunt. They looked like hippies in their 20's and now they look just gorgeous. Its 8:30 p.m. now and i just logged on to browse aimlessly. One of the AOL popup ads appealed to me - the transformation of Sarah Jessica Parker. Believe me, she is stunning now. And if you saw her 1990 picture you wouldn't believe it is her! One other transformation that is worth mentioning is that of Jennifer Aniston. She is soooooooooooooo beautiful in a 1997 file photo. Check out the pics @ www.instyle.com
Eleanor roosevelt rightly said "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature. But beautiful old people are works of art."