Custard Apple aka Seethaphal

Monday, November 14, 2005



Custard Apple also known as Seethaphal in India, is my favorite fruit. It doesn't taste even a bit like Apple (which btw I dislike) does. So I don't know why the name Custard Apple.
Many people I know are put off by the not-so-inviting exteriors of the fruit. The rugged bumpy green lumps of the fruit is much in contrary to its delicious and soft interiors. The Custard Apples that we get in Pune in abundance are so yummy that I indulge myself and my sweet tooth every evening. Turns out it fares well nutritiously too. If you have a big backyard, then spit the black seeds there and you will have a beautiful custard apple tree.


"Friends"... 'til the End: The One with All Ten Years
David Wild
I saw this book at the Crossword Sale on the front rack. It was so inviting that I finished the Joey section of the book. Priced at Rs.699 it is a great buy (though I didn't get the book but ended up buying a CD). It has amazing pictures of the 6 F.R.I.E.N.D.S with a story of how every episode was made, some secrets and interviews as well.